Pan-fried Trout with Trois Pistoles Mushroom Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 trout fillets, 6 oz. each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 1 cup Trois-Pistoles beer
- ½ cup demi-glace (or commercially prepared brown sauce)
Heat oil and butter in a large pan. Season trout fillets and fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan and sauté. Add beer and demi-glace and reduce to desired consistency. Season to taste and add parsley. Spoon mushroom sauce over trout fillets and serve.
Recipe : Fourquet Fourchette Restaurant, fourquet-fourchette.com.